Listen to an in-depth interview with Roger Gamache with Max Murrey from the Winejets Podcast!
Highlights from this episode include:
- Why Roger started growing grapes
- Basic qualifications for a good vineyard site
- The different species of grapes
- What's the deal with "old vines?"
- Hand harvesting vs. machine harvesting
- and much more!
Gamache Vintners 2013 Boulder Red Wine, $20
"Smooth and luscious with heady aromas of dark fruit, loamy earth, vanilla and cedar, and compelling flavors of black cherry, plum and dark berries mingled with graham, vanilla and spice. Refined tannins add depth to the full-bodied finish."
Unique blend of: Malbec 42%, Syrah 23%, Merlot 23%, Cabernet Franc 8%, Cabernet Sauvignon 4%
From Washington Tasting Room Magazine
Featured Article: "Art of the Blend: Proprietary Red Wines"